We have good news to share with you! We will be resuming in-person meetings this September.
There will be changes due to the Covid 19 pandemic, however, we will have some benefits that we have not had in the past.
First, our meetings will now be held on Thursday nights instead of Wednesdays. The decision to change the night of our meetings is due to the following:
1. We will have a bigger room available to allow for social distancing. Our centre capacity due to government restrictions during the pandemic allows only 50 people in the whole building. Euchre players have the large room on Wednesdays, and our small meeting room would not allow our group to gather as well. We would be exceeding the maximum capacity for the centre. As well, we would not be able to comply with social distance guidelines in our current meeting room as it would now be too small.
2. Changing to the larger room on Thursday nights provides opportunities to continue workshops and breaking into small groups.
3. We will have more room to allow more discussion among all members.
4. We will have more room for presenters.
5. We will have easier access to the building when bringing in equipment as our room will have the accessible back doors with the ramp.
6. There is a larger screen in the large room and a good sound system.
7. We will have better control of lighting for presentations.
Of course, masks or visors will be necessary, and refreshments will no longer be provided. You are welcome to bring your own beverage and a snack for yourself.
Water or pop will be available at a cost of only $1.00.
Another important change is the cancellation of our annual framing night and the annual Port Colborne library photography show. There simply isn't enough interest in participating to consider continuing with it next year.
Val has done a terrific job of scheduling this year and has many exciting evenings planned for you. The schedule will be posted on Facebook, on our website, in our newsletter and emailed to all members as soon as everything is finalized. Our first meeting back will be held on Thursday, September 3, 2020, at the usual time of 7 pm. It will be image sharing night so bring your summer images to share with everyone!
Please remember that our executive meetings are open to all members. The date of our next executive meeting will be announced at the club when it is scheduled.
As well, volunteers are always welcome to assist in various capacities. If you would like to volunteer to assume a task (such as setting up equipment, managing the 50/50 etc.) please let us know.
We hope you all continue to enjoy good health, and have a safe and happy August. See you all in September!
Sincerely, The Port Colborne Camera Club Executive